Most of us spend WAAAY too much time in our heads.
This is so indicative of another archetype I talk about…The Human Do-er.
Especially those of us that are the classic career woman. The driven, Go-Getter. The successful Super Woman who never stops!
But amidst the go go go….we have forgotten how to just BE.
So, in this week’s VLOG, I dive right in with 3 simple, yet very powerful breathing exercises you can use anytime, anywhere to…
- Calm your nerves, plug back in, and connect back to yourself.
- Recentre you when you are stressed, overwhelmed or feeling triggered.
- Ground yourself when you feel scattered or anxious.
- Help you process emotions and show up authentically.
- Centre yourself before a sales presentation, meeting or public speaking or a negotiation.
And, it even helps you manifest! (yes!)
Ok, it’s not the sexiest topic, but it’s a powerful process that can anchor you back to you, whenever you are stressed out, triggered or just overwhelmed by what’s going on in the world around us right now.
Because, if you want to be a conscious creator, deliberately creating your life with intention…then you need to remain present as much as you possibly can.
We can’t manifest if we are in the past or future, and that’s where most of us live. How can we be connected and receive guidance, inspiration or signs if we are connecting to the past or future?
Well, we can’t.
The key to RECEIVE is to be conscious in the HERE and the NOW.
So here are 3 powerful, yet simple, tools that will help you connect back to the present moment, whenever you find yourself becoming disconnected from yourself….
- Follow your breath. This one is easy peasy! Simply follow the breathe with your mind’s eye as it enters your body and exits your body. Do this inhale/exhale cycle 5 times for a quick way to bring you back to the present moment in just seconds.
- 4-4-8. Inhale for 4 seconds. Hold for 4 seconds. And, exhale for 8 seconds. Really empty the breath on an 8 count. Repeat. You can even practice drawing in positive thoughts on the inhale and letting go of anything that doesn’t serve you on the exhale.
- Box Breathing. Imagine the perimeter of a box. Work your breath around that box…inhale on a 4 second count…hold for 4….exhale for 4….hold for 4. And repeat.
Taking even 30 seconds to plug back in and be present is vital!
If you have a big decision to make and need guidance…Plug Back IN!
You can also take these short, simple exercises and extend the time to make this a deeper daily meditation practice.
Remember…it doesn’t have to be hard to be incredibly powerful.